Partnerships and Industry Links
Oil sands research and partnershipsResearch at the Centre for Oil Sands Innovation at the University of Alberta and the Alberta Ingenuity Centre for In Situ Energy at the University of Calgary focuses on less energy-intensive upgrading practices of oil sands resources.
New recovery technologies are funded through the Innovative Energy Technology Program, a $200-million Alberta government royalty credit.
The Government of Alberta is working with industry and researchers to develop new tailings performance criteria, management technologies and practical solutions to reduce and potentially eliminate tailings ponds as we know them today.
Research into improved in situ thermal extraction techniques will reduce – or eliminate – industry's reliance on fresh water, reduce energy consumption and lower greenhouse gas emissions.
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP)
- Alberta Innovates - Energy and Environment Solutions
- Energy Innovation Platform of Alberta
- Alberta Innovates - Technology Futures
- Alberta Ingenuity Centre for In Situ Energy
- Institute for Sustainable Energy, Environment and Economy
- University of Alberta Centre for Oilsands Innovation
- Natural Resource Canada's CamnetENERGY
- Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative